August 1, 2013

About My Photographs

In the months to come, I will share occasional musings about the fine art of photography ... and what I like to shoot.

Late in a career in business, I discovered a passion for the fine art photograph and, through extensive personal study, developed my skills and personal vision as a photographer. In the process, I came to a deep understanding of how the photographer, the camera, and a subject intersect to create a compelling image.

People see the world in different ways and respond to it according to their own personality and experiences. Instead of trying to capture the world in the same ways that others see it, I express my unique viewpoint. By mastering the tools provided by the camera, I create photographs that portray a personal view of the world and communicate what I see to others.

Through my work I expose you to a different kind of image. Your experience is with photography that is about something. My photographs invite you to connect with a subject you may not immediately see and challenge you to find meaning in a purely abstract expression.

"Red Metal" from "Visible, Yet Unseen"

No comments:

Post a Comment